the couch potato strikes again!

Hanging out with my lola one night, I noticed that the show on ABS-CBN was featuring the new teleserye… my all-time favorite Filipino epic: Ang Panday.

Believe it or not, as a child, I even watched the animated version… and kept comparing it with its foreign counterparts (She-Ra, He-Man, and Voltron, if I’m not mistaken). And now, it was once again brought to life, possibly with the biggest budget the network can muster.

Anyway, I found the story compelling at the very beginning. How can a modern guy enter the ancient world of the blacksmith, right? I expected a scene just like in the A Yankee in King Arthur’s Court. However, I will never know because due to the unfortunate hand of fate, I missed out on that episode. The next time I watched, the kargador was brandishing the sword like a wushu champ - apparently without needing much training.

Despite this, I kept watching Ang Panday. I just couldn’t get over how a rich girl can notice a really really poor guy and leave all of her good and comfortable life behind to be with him. An ever present element in Pinoy movies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses