i dread driving through Makati traffic!

I absolutely dread driving my car to Makati. The only reason I would bring my car there would be if I needed to get there in a hurry. For example, I volunteered to bring my sister to her office because she had barely an hour before her shift started (I got lost finding my way back to EDSA… that was past 10pm, and with the traffic at the Sales Interchange, I got home 1am the next day!). Or that time when I had to go to my orthodontist for my appointment, but I left the office late (and I had to drive through the notoriously slow Sta Rosa traffic).

So, the THIRD time I drove to Makati was on March 31; again there was some time constraint because I was attempting to beat a deadline. I would have loved to park right in the building I was going to. The problem was I was unfamiliar with the one-way streets in the area. It was easy to walk along Ayala Avenue and the side streets because I didn’t have to worry about the traffic flow, but it was a different story altogether when I brought the car.

From Los Banos, it took me two hours to reach the turn to Ayala Ave from EDSA. I decided to park at the Glorietta basement parking lot near Oakwood. Lucky for me, I found a spot in basement two near the mall entrance! That concluded my trip to Makati.

On the way back, I left Glorietta at 6:30pm, hoping that the traffic would be a bit lighter (because the truck ban was still being enforced) than the last time I was there. True enough, I got home in an hour and 45 minutes. I was just worried about the buses that were out of their lanes while waiting for their passengers (this was along EDSA). Since I shifted to a subcompact, my main fear was being squished by trucks and buses just because the drivers couldn’t see the car!

Whew! What a trip!

One thing I was reminded of that day was how much I miss my dad and my brother, who both made driving in Makati seem easy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses