Another restaurant review... I ordered the tom yum chicken (as usual) in Marnee Thai, and I find that this version has a milder taste than what I'm used to. The tom yum version in Los Banos is more sour, while the version in Sydney (Thai Times 9) is more on the chili side. Yet another good meal for me!
I went on a day trip to the City of Pines, which was around a 700-km drive from my house. I drove going up there and then from the city to Victoria, Tarlac. After that, my dad took over the driving duties. It was day trip with Tita Ising and Tito Sibing with us. Anyway, this trip was my first time to go to Baguio City with me behind the wheel. As everyone who drives up knows, there are three main routes to Baguio from the lowlands: Kennon Road, which ascends from Rosario, La Union. It was out of my options because it's too dangerous to use that road in the rainy season. The second route is via Naguilian Road, which makes my trip a lot longer because the beginning of the ascent is in Bauang, La Union (further north). The last route, and the one I took, was the Marcos Highway, now known as the Aspiras-Palispis Highway. This 47-km road starts from Agoo, La Union and is touted as the safest route among the three. As I drove up and then down (on the same day; we were in...
For the past few years, I've always stayed at the Land Transportation Office (LTO) for several hours either for vehicle registration or for driver's license renewal. At the worst, I spent more than five hours waiting for my registration papers to be processed (this was before the rule against "fixers" inside the LTO was enforced) AND the time I had to get a replacement for my license card... which, at the end of the day, misspelled my name. Today, I am glad to note, that I finished the whole process of vehicle registration in 1 hr 40 mins, my best time yet. If you're tired of spending more than half a day in registering your vehicle, these few tips might help: NOTE: These are all based on my experiences only. If you have other ideas, please feel free to post a comment at the end of the post. A few days before registration, renew or sign up for the vehicle's compulsory third-party liability insurance (TPL). That should give your insurance agent en...
I was pretty confident that this time, my team would be able to solve a mystery at Century City Mall's Mystery Manila. Yes, I was back with a vengeance because the last time I was here, my team hadn't retrieved the Pym Particle with time to spare. The team I was in, this time around, was composed of college degree holders, but I was the only one with a PhD. There's a lawyer and the rest had at least taken units towards their Masters... or had finished them. I was the only self-declared overthinker in the team... for a change. (Don't rely on the PhD's to get you through this type of game. We always overthink; we can't separate real clues from red herrings .) We attempted to solve the Crime of the Century. It's basically a hunt all over the mall. When we started the game, the first thing I noticed was that my teammates just ran off without reading the materials given to us in their entirety. They just started hunting for clues! When we did ...
insertMulTV('rochiecuevas:video:1','upload-rochiecuevas-1','',1,1);
ReplyDeleteinsertMulTV('rochiecuevas:video:2','upload-rochiecuevas-2','',1,1);
ReplyDeleteinsertMulTV('rochiecuevas:video:3','upload-rochiecuevas-3','',1,1);
ReplyDelete