... and that's not all!

After taking all the moon shots I wanted, I drove off the parking lot at work on my way home. The full moon wasn't the only attraction that night, it seems. As I traversed Pili Drive, and approached the guard house, some brightly lit object streaked the sky towards Mount Makiling! At first it was a hot white blob set against the ink black sky (the wispy clouds and the moon were behind me), and then it split apart. The bigger blob was still white while the smaller one was bright green. And then, both objects faded into the night. 

Left-over fireworks? Probably. But I did not hear the usual boom of a fireworks display. The likely place where fireworks would originate was the Freedom Park area, where the FebFair was located, and which I was going to pass on my way home. However, the blobs of light came from behind me, and it was unlikely for fireworks displays to be staged in the residential areas in a night without a fiesta. 

How about a shooting star? Maybe. The blobs I saw were moving too slowly as compared to the first ever shooting star I've seen (aptly, very close to the Kennedy Space Centre), which was why I actually thought of making a wish ("hmm... what do I wish for today?") instead of thinking of one straight up ("I wish..."). 

Maybe, it's some satellite or some other space object that rammed into the atmosphere! That would've been cool! Just like the manned spaceships prior to the Space Shuttle era (Gemini and Apollo programs).

Whatever caused it, the light show certainly grabbed my attention that night. Very interesting, the evening of February 10, 2009 turned out to be. Too bad I didn't take a picture! Can't take a picture and drive at the same time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses