Entered the world of the fast and the furious

That sums up what I felt as I entered the UPLB Sigma Beta Sorority's Road Rage 4 at the temporarily covered the Student Union Building's parking lot. A lot of jazzed up cars and a continuous stream of loud music greeted me as I went past the entrance... this was what it must have looked like being on the set of The Fast and The Furious. If Japanese music was playing in the background, then it would be the set of Tokyo Drift.

I half-expected to see the makings of a drag race, or a drift race, with all the cars with the lamborghini doors propped up, and all the revving of the engines (one car even had flames coming out of the exhaust!). One of the attention-grabbers was a small van with a disco in it (complete with pillows, a wine rack, a smoke machine,a lava lamp, a disco lamp, and some seriously loud music. Then there were the cars with paintings all around the body, and lights glowing underneath the doors. Best of all were the entertainment systems propped at the back of the vehicle. Frankly, I have no idea what the point is for putting a tv screen in the boot of a vehicle.

In the midst of the car show, I bumped into my brother's friends JC and RC, both have entries in the competition: JC in the vintage car class and RC in the motorcycle class. Too bad my brother wasn't in there, he would have enjoyed it a lot. I was such a poor proxy in occasions like these... I just went in thinking it's a good opportunity to take some pictures!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses