I watched a lunar eclipse and didn't know it!

I kept noticing how bright the moon was during the UPLB FebFair. It was the week of the full moon, and I just had to get a shot when the sky got clear enough, when thick clouds did not block the view... and I once again regretted not having my tripod with me on a week like this.


A lunar eclipse had occurred on February 9, 2009 at about 8pm, the first of the four penumbral lunar eclipses that will happen this year. I was actually looking up at the sky while it was happening and I didn't notice the shadow on the moon's surface! Perhaps it's because of the clouds... but still, I feel sad not realising what was going on. I only learned that it had taken place while looking over eclipse schedules days after the event!

The picture above was taken the night after the eclipse, exactly 24 hours after, at 8:31 pm because that was when the sky got clear, with only wisps of clouds here and there. I was at the parking lot near the office... not too many buildings, trees, and mountains blocking the view.

Here's hoping that the lunar eclipse happening on my birthday week will be visible wherever I find myself in.

Comments

  1. aaaaak! sayang! di ko nawitness! ohwell, maulan naman dito sa indo, so i guess di ko din makikita... =( kelan susunod, ate rochie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ang susunod daw na penumbral lunar eclipse ay sa july 7. tapos may total lunar eclipse sa august. pero hindi ko pa alam kung anong oras. good luck na lang na makita ko sila, e ulanan na yung panahon na yun dito!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!

Before moving on, please share your thoughts or comments about the post. :)

Thanks again!

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses