Back in the cheering squad

The last time I was part of a cheering squad was in 1996, and I was very apprehensive about joining the cheer-dance competition this year. What I was expecting was the pain from all the snappy movements needed for the 10-minute performance... and I wasn't wrong. After a few hours of learning the steps, I started to feel fatigued; my toes were having cramps! That what I got for not warming up before the practice, and not cooling down after. Hmmph...

Rehearsals were first held under a mango tree. Since the sun was still out, and before practice started, I took the time to shoot some pictures of the cheering squad hanging around near the Hemmi building parking lot... before they started to feel all the aches. Hehe.

I wasn't alone with the aches... my office-mates, Ana and Lucy, also complained of painful muscles. But the nice thing was that after today's practice session, the muscles weren't as painful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses