Did the wet season come too early?

Barely two weeks ago, I finally embraced the fact that summer has arrived. The sunny days and the heat suggested that it's time to hit the resorts and the beach once again. However, rains have fallen everyday for the last two weeks, and they weren't the occasional drizzle that barely touched the pavement. These were really heavy downpours, typically welcomed in June and July. If it's not raining, clouds cover the sky as if we are under the lid of a steaming cauldron. 

I don't know if these rains are just isolated, since the region I live in is surrounded by mountains. For all I know, other parts of the country are in drought while we are enjoying the cool rains. I've even heard people remark that even the weather has gone berserk on us. 

Is this climate change in action?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses