Dona-Dona Korea BBQ

I haven't ventured into Korean cuisine beyond the ubiquitous kim-chi, and I have always been intrigued by the Korean barbecue restaurant I see along Makati Ave. cor. Eduque St. Dona-Dona Korea BBQ is located on the ground level of the Millennium Plaza Hotel. 

Shelling out a ridiculous Php400 for breakfast in a hotel a few years back (because I haven't paid that much for a cup of fried rice, scrambled eggs, bacon, and orange juice before), I was wary about eating in Dona-Dona. However, curiousity drove me to try it out. A waitress came over and started putting metal chopsticks and a spoon on my table as she took note of my food selections.

I pointedly did not order kim-chi because I've had that several times. That was a good thing because it turned out that kim-chi was one of the complementary dishes... and the bowl can be refilled too! Boiled potatoes, mustard greens, eggplant, and caramelised string beans complete the appetiser set. The serving size of kim-chi was so big for me that I just requested for more potatoes.

The appetisers were obviously filling, with all that fibre (and resistant starch!). Thank goodness that these were available because the food that I ordered, the kim bap, took some time to prepare.

It turned out that the kim bap was worth the wait: Two rolls of Korean-style sushi containing well-done beef, bacon, and veggies, cut up into 10 pieces, with scrambled egg at the ends of the rolls. And what sushi roll would be complete without the soy sauce and the wasabe?

Needless to say, I enjoyed my lunch in Makati. And the best thing? I only paid Php170 for everything I ordered. Quite affordable considering that this IS Makati.


Comments

  1. oi ayus korean fud. try mo soul barbecue sa libis. sarap ng kimbap!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. salamat sa tip! sige, pag nakarating ako sa libis, subukan ko yung kimbap :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!

Before moving on, please share your thoughts or comments about the post. :)

Thanks again!

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses