Flood in 15 minutes

A six-inch flood can form in 15 minutes. That's what I've learned tonight as I rushed from Los Banos to Calamba late at night to retrieve my house keys that I accidentally left inside the office. I unfortunately realised that my keys weren't with me when I was parking the car in the garage at home.

So I drove back to work to get my keys. The highway was absolutely drenched; but there was no evidence of flooding, except near the bridge between barangays Parian and Paciano Rizal (in Calamba). The way back was a different matter, though. Water had started overpouring onto the road in Junction and in Lalakay (both in Los Banos), and only 15 minutes had passed since I passed by Junction. But traffic slowed down dramatically in Bucal, Calamba because the water on the road rose up to about six inches. People with houses close to the highway were on the street because of the flood.

I hope that tomorrow the road to Los Banos would not be flooded anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses