Seafood shopping 22-Jul-2009


Bob hosted a dinner with me and a potential PhD student, Seila (from Cambodia) as guests in his Highgate Hill penthouse. The trip to his house involves a four-minute ride on the CityCat ferry from the University of Queensland stop to the West End stop. Then a kilometre's worth of walking up on very hilly terrain.

The view was great because by the time I was on the ferry, the sun has begun to set; silhouettes on the landscape against an amber sky.

Before dinner, I tagged along while he bought seafood at George's in West End: a photo opportunity I wasn't going to pass up. 


There was a large selection of fish and shellfish in the shop. The window displays all looked yummy to eat, if only I wasn't allergic to so many types of seafood!

Bob ended up buying raw oysters (to be eaten with a dash of pepper, and some freshly squeezed lemon juice) and prawn (which were boiled). 

Both the oyster and the prawn were a prelude for Bob's roast organic pork. Fresh pasta and rocket salad (with Bob's delicious salad dressing) completed the line-up of the meal. I was so full by the end of the meal, that I couldn't eat the dessert, which was Queensland mangoes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses