Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Christmas blends

Anna told me to drop by Boston Cafe because her friend, Melay, was there for the launch of the Havaianas outlet (which, according to the baristas, has a 20-30% discount on several designs until November 30). By the time I got there, Melay had already left; but Heidi was there to let me try out a drink in Boston Cafe's Christmas menu... and the really delicious chocolate cake.


I'm now a fan of the Caramel Toffee frappe (I'm not sure if the name is correct), which is huge change from my Boston Cafe staple: chocolate milkshake with peppermint. Caramel toffee is sweet but it doesn't overwhelm the taste buds. In fact, it's the perfect complement to chocolate cake. 

The other flavour, if I remember the name correctly, is the Christmas frappe (this one I bought). It has some amount of coffee mixed with chocolate, which I'm sure people would love. I didn't enjoy it as much as the caramel toffee primarily because I'm not a coffee drinker, and the bitterness of coffee takes over the taste of the chocolate. What I like about this drink, though, are the red and green Christmas tree sprinkles. 

Thanks to Heidi and Melay!!