New Balance Trail Run 2010

There are good days and there are bad days. Today started out badly. I woke up with a splitting headache and a bad feeling in the stomach, so I wasn't sure if I could finish this 5k. And the bad move: I ate cheese sandwiches on my way to Nuvali. Perfect, I thought, I wasn't going to throw up on an empty stomach. =|

But who could pass up this kind of challenge, right? I was determined to finish the New Balance Trail Adventure in one piece!


I walked/jogged my way slowly up and down the narrow trail to the finish line, and got to look around me. This was my closest approach to the Tagaytay ridge on foot! There was a lot of grass and a few scattered trees (quite expected). Clouds over the Laguna de Bay enhanced the already great view: cloud-covered sunlight casting a golden glow on vegetation and on muddy soil. =) Too bad I didn't carry my camera along during the run... what a waste of view. 

Fifty-one minutes later, I crossed the finish line. Headache gone. Stomachache gone. The day was getting better and better, finally!

Comments

  1. uy te, mukhang di nako makakatakbo. sumasakit yung left knee ko pag tumatakbo ako. natamaan yung outer side ng left knee ko last month nung nag ttraining ako. nalaman ko lang to nung nag jogging ako last thursday. pero pag nag heal na yung strained ligamets ko, makakatakbo na ulit ako!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sumakit din tuhod ko 2nd training day, pero nawala din naman pagkatapos ng ilang araw. kaso habang masakit, naglalakad lang ako. ngayon wala nang masakit. pero mabilis akong mapagod. balik sa training regimen! hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!

Before moving on, please share your thoughts or comments about the post. :)

Thanks again!

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses