GQNPC Road Trip Leg 3: Food Trip

One of the things I was looking forward to was a chance to eat in a restaurant unique to Baguio City. Bad weather conditions prevented us from trying out as many restaurants as possible, but the ones that we did were great!

A charming little place called Yan Chow caught our attention (for lunch on July 17th) as we escaped the drizzle. It's almost at the corner of Assumption and Session Roads. When we barged in, I think the waitress was taken aback because our first question was: Do you serve food fast? She said that the restaurant did, and proceeded taking our meal orders; she bustled off to get those prepared and then got back to us for our drink and soup orders (which took a longer time for us to decide on).

I ordered beef with broccoli with rice, and it was delicious! The follow up beef and egg soups were also yummy... they warmed me up nicely as the rain threatened to pour outside. Fe got the lechon with broccoli, which also looked good. I have forgotten what Roslen, Crystal, and Dara ordered. Kuya Ferdie would have joined us if he didn't feel the beginnings of an asthma attack; he totally missed this one.

For dinner, we were stuck at SM Baguio's Food Court. So to make the most of the situation, I bought food from the Kalapaw: A Taste of Laoag. I'm not sure if it's unique to SM Baguio, but I haven't tried eating there before so I had a go at it. I think I had kilawing puso ng saging and igado. What a combination! On the other hand, Kuya Ferdie opted to go vegetarian on us while Fe and Roslen had sizzling food from another restaurant. Crystal bought from Plato Wraps, and I totally forgot where Dara got her dinner.

The next day, they had steaming hot crab soup at the Tam-awan Cafe. I totally missed it because of my allergy to seafood, but they all looked content and warmed up after a bowlful of soup.

Then there were the usual suspects McDonald's (in La Trinidad, Benguet) and Jollibee (at the NLEX) where we had started our days with heavy breakfasts. Our last meal in Baguio was at Mang Inasal, where we took advantage of receiving all the rice we could eat over lunch on the 18th!

Comments

  1. "and I totally forgot where Dara got her dinner"
    Seafood grill! there behind me at the third photo!!!! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! oo nga naman. noted! obviously, i was running low on energy that evening... by the time this photo was taken, i haven't slept for almost 48 hours already.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!

Before moving on, please share your thoughts or comments about the post. :)

Thanks again!

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses