CATS and this week's last song syndrome

Meow.

=^.^=  =^.^=  =^.^=  =^.^=  =^.^=

T.S. Eliot's practical cats were brought to life by the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber, and enchanted a whole lot of viewers during the Cats' stint in Broadway, in West End, and in other parts of the world. I finally understood what all the fuss was about when I watched the July 31 performance at the Cultural Centre of the Philippines.

Basically, the Jellicle cats gathered when the Jellicle moon was bright to celebrate the Jellicle Ball. At the end of the evening, Old Deuteronomy, the patriarch of the Jellicle tribe, had to select a cat who'd go the Heaviside Layer to be reborn into another Jellicle life. Several cats vying for that honour presented their cases. Then, a villainous cat kidnapped Old Deuteronomy. A great battle ensued, which ended in the cat-napper's demise. Mr. Mistoffelees, the conjuring cat, used his magical powers to bring back Old Deuteronomy to the Jellicle Ball. The patriarch ultimately selected Grizabella, the glamour cat who was past her prime, to go to the Heaviside Layer.

=^.^=  =^.^=  =^.^=  =^.^=  =^.^=

Anna also watched the musical, but on a different day. I got the playbill; she got the soundtrack. And it ended up in my car's CD player. Listening to the soundtrack everyday for a week, I finally decided I liked best Rum Tum Tugger's song about Mr. Mistoffelees and Bombalurina and Demeter's song about the cat-napper, Macavity.

I liked the songs so much that I could still here Rum Tum Tugger singing even after I've changed CDs!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses