Good bye braces; hello retainers

I've been an orthodontic patient (again) for the past few years, thanks to the arrival of my upper wisdom teeth (that took 25 years to erupt). The upper teeth have been off the braces for a few months now; two Saturdays ago, I also let go of my lower teeth's braces. Just this Saturday, I got a retainer for these teeth. =) Yey!

As always, the first few days of wearing the new retainer is difficult because I have to adapt to the new appliance. So far, so good; my gums have seemingly adjusted and there's not that much pain. However, this retainer isn't the final one yet. My orthodontist is preparing another one with a better fit, which I will be getting on Saturday.

Plus, since I tend to grind my teeth at night, I'm also getting a mouthguard (which looks like an invisible retainer). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses