Business-attire-hunting

My hunt for business attire began earlier than I expected.

Skirt suits.

I was limited to getting conservative pieces, with conventional palettes and silhouettes. My golden brown patterned pantsuit (the first I ever bought specifically for a conference), I thought, was a bit on the edgy side of business formal, and might not be appropriate. My bright pink skirt suit wouldn't work either. So I decided to go on a suit expedition.

First attempt, Makati City on a Saturday. I had to check out the foreign labels (like Marks and Spencer, Zara, and Mango) after giving up on the bigger department stores. Defeated at the end of the day, I was almost willing to pay double of my budget if I could get skirt suits with the perfect fit (why pay more and then have the pieces altered?). However, I didn't find the perfect skirt suit. Bummer.

With the deadline closing fast, I decided to check out SM City Calamba during the following workweek. To my total surprise, I was able to find jackets, skirts, and blouses that fitted me well and were all within my budget. I was also able to avail of the 0% interest rate six-month installment promo! Success!

Shoes.

I'm the type of girl who knows the shoes I like when I see them, and not before. This makes shoe-shopping difficult for me. I didn't find anything I liked in SM Makati or in SM Calamba (I wasn't that lucky) when I dropped by. Just like my skirt suit search, I considered splurging on higher end brands (like my faves Via Uno, Rockport, Naturalizer, or Bass) as long as I was getting a comfy and elegant pair of black leather pumps. So far, however, the shoes just didn't blow me away...

Anyway, as the malls started started to close, I just had to stop and concede. The perfect pair of shoes will come eventually.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses