I started and ended the year watching the LOTR trilogy

Over the Christmas holidays, I watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy one last time before the year closes. The difference this time is that I'm watching the movies on the big screen while in January, I was watching it in my computer's miniscule screen.

I take something new out of the films each time I watch the whole series. This time, I noticed that Frodo tested the leaders' desire for the Ring. Gandalf didn't take it early on, before the story moved away from the Shire, when Frodo was handing it over to him. Boromir failed the test when he wanted to bring the Ring to Gondor. Galadriel passed when she ultimately decided to head into the West. And when Frodo offered the Ring to Aragorn, he did not take it, vowing that he would go with Frodo if he could (but then he had to save Merry and Pippin from the Orcs so they separated). 

The special effects and the landscapes have never failed to impress me. That's another reason why I watch it over and over. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses