random text message

"Hi. Nasira cp ko, burado lahat ng contacts sa phonebuk. Me listahan ako pero hindi updated. Pls reply if ur stil using your n0. Tnx. - CHING,O.P."
I received this text message from cellphone number +639176233734 on December 30. I'm quite sure I don't know this person because the people named Ching who know my phone number do not write SMS like this. So I thought that this message is a prank: the person was waiting for someone to actually reply to the message before the joke could continue... or the sender is a con artist.
  1. People whose cellphone phonebooks are erased would typically collect people's numbers through social networking sites
  2. People who list down phone numbers on paper MOST LIKELY put a name to connect to each phone number. They don't normally list down phone numbers only.
  3. Now this I found funny: "Please reply if you're still using your number." Does this mean that if I don't reply I'm no longer accessible via my current phone number?
Weird.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses