see you later, Facebook

I finally deactivated my Facebook profile today. It wasn't an easy decision; it did take me a few weeks before I actually clicked that Deactivate button. After all, Facebook has made contacting family and friends a lot easier. Sharing photos, sending invitations, discussing topics, playing computer games... all these became convenient as well.

Despite all these niceties, I thought it was time I pulled the plug on my profile. 

Each person has his/her reason(s) for deleting or deactivating their accounts. Some do so because of privacy issues, or because they've got an online stalker, or because they own multiple accounts, or because they spend too much time using it.

Mine is quite simple (and may be unreasonable for some): I just grew tired of it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses