the xbox kinect family debut

Kinect for Xbox 360. That's the name of the new family toy. On its first few days, I wasn't really impressed as it sat idle, waiting for a cousin to drop by and figure out its correct voltage. My dad even emptied his schedule the whole day, excited to start playing.

When I got home, my sister was playing. That's when I understood what the hype was all about. The Kinect is an amazing toy! It has this sensor that detects players' movements; a game console is no longer needed to fully enjoy playing. Good bye twiddly thumbs; hello, whole body ache! The Kinect experience is like a gym workout session, only longer and within the privacy of one's home. 

Another nice thing about the Kinect is that there's no age limit for players. My teenage nephews and my elderly cousins enjoyed playing the different sports. My 95-year old grandma played a bit of bowling, and my uncle (who suffers from chronic knee pain) and my aunt (who previously suffered from a stroke) danced to "Poker Face"and "Funky Town"as if they're healthy as ever. :) 

Needless to say, we all went our separate ways excited for our next reunion... there'll be an age-classified tournament!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses