Cebu City's Sky Walk Extreme

One of the top things to do in Cebu City is try out the Crown Regency Hotel's Sky Walk. I just had to give this one a try. So with Fe and Cristy, office mates at IRRI, I went to the Crown Regency Hotel along Osmena Boulevard, Sta Cruz, Cebu City after the sessions at the Philippine Chemistry Congress.

I was very excited to try this out because it's been a while since I've joined an "extreme" activity. I don't like to ride roller coasters and any of the spinning rides in theme parks, but I'm okay with rappelling down a seaside cliff, wall-climbing, and riding a zipline (which I have yet to try). Walking on the edge of a building should be a piece of cake. Fe, who invited us to try it out, wanted to conquer her fear of heights; she made it through the experience but she's still uncomfortable with high elevations.

Wearing a jumpsuit and equipped with a harness, I was perfectly safe as I walked along the platform on the edge of the Crown Regency's 37th floor. The view of the city at night was great. The traffic trails were very pretty from 37 storeys up. I also had a commanding view of the provincial capitol and the nearby Fuente Osmena circle. Experienced guides were also on-hand to ensure our safety, and to comfort people who get intimidated by the height.

The following photos were taken from the 38th floor, where the Edge Coaster (I wouldn't ride this... too scary) is located.

view of the Cebu provincial capitol; cable (right) is from upstairs where the zipline starts

the tower on the left is the end of the zipline

I want to have another go at the Sky Walk!! Next time I'm in Cebu, I'll also try the wall-climbing facility on the 40th floor. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses