happy birthday, Mam AKR!

Dr. Asuncion K. Raymundo was my academic adviser when I was majoring in Microbiology in UPLB. That was almost ten years ago. In a nutshell, she was one of the most influential people I've encountered; she helped steer my future towards a life of scientific research... I may not be a microbiologist anymore, but her tutelage has certainly set the foundation.

Today, a day before she retires, the graduates who experienced her guidance gathered together to celebrate her birthday with her. Alumni from as far as Iligan and Bacolod flew in to greet her on her special day. A former student even arrived from Canada! Those who couldn't attend sent in their messages through different forms of media.

To our academic mother, Ma'am AKR, we thank you for your guidance and setting the bar high for us. We wish you a happy birthday and all the best during your retirement.

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses