presenting an imaginary world

As promised on Day #1 by the teachers in the training course on Enhancing Global Rice Research Leadership, our skills would be stretched by the activities we would have to undergo. For instance, each student was tasked to give a three-minute talk on a topic assigned to us by our teachers. Some were asked to talk about their inspiration, what they had done when they lost something, what challenges had they overcome, to sell the shirt they were wearing, to discuss what colour they'd paint the world... In my assignment, I had to be creative and imaginative since I was supposed to describe how amazing an imaginary country, called Dramanesia, is. 

A photo is worth a thousand words, they say. To paint a picture of the imaginary country in their minds, I pooled together some of pictures I've captured; photos that showed endemic plants and animals and landscapes that were not easily identifiable to one location... those images that made people say "I know this place, but I'm not quite sure where it is."

These are the slides I used in my presentation. What do you think? Isn't Dramanesia an amazing country? Hehehe.












But here's the challenge: Can you guess where these photos were really captured?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses