Train: Save Me, San Francisco (Golden Gate Edition)

Not thinking too much about what I was doing, I bought a CD of Train's "Save Me, San Francisco (Golden Gate Bridge Edition)" on the same day I bought Maroon 5's latest CD. I was so happy that I found one because it's been a challenge to find a Train CD where I shop; it's been five years since I started looking for the band's CD which has "Drops of Jupiter" (one of my favorite songs -- it was one of only five songs in my playlist when I was adjusting to grad school life -- thanks to a fellow student at that time, Ali).

Fast forward to 2011: "Save Me, San Francisco" has been test driven. The songs were relaxing... perfect for an easy drive on a relatively empty freeway. "Hey, Soul Sister" is as upbeat as the Glee version while the country vibe of "Save Me, San Francisco" makes me stomp my feet in time as I drive. Train's rendition of "Umbrella" is also good -- I like it better than the original, actually... maybe because of the way the band arranged it. The tracks are aptly closed off by "Marry Me", which is a bit more serious in tone. The proximity to Christmas was emphasized by the lively "Shake Up Christmas", which has been picked up by Coca-Cola as it's holiday jingle. Overall, I've enjoyed listening to the CD.

A few weeks after my first listen to the CD, I boarded a plane headed to the band's inspiration. As it prepared to land, I realized that I may be able to see the locations that made Train sing! Hmm... I'll be counting how many places in Train's latest CD I will be seeing on this trip. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses