big healthy breakfast at Morucci's

And a third catch up article... This one's about food, for a change.
---

Tired of greasy burger patties and fries? Biboy, Mommy, and Daddy were. So instead of introducing me to typical diner food on my first hour in the USA, they drove me to Walnut Creek to eat at Morucci's, an Italian deli. 

There were so many choices of sandwiches that it was very confusing. I ended up with the avocado, sprouts, and cheese sandwich... and I absolutely loved it! I was just intimidated by the breadth. It's huge! I think it's equivalent to about a burger and a half in the Philippines. Despite the huge size, the sandwich was light and not overly filling. The avocado added creaminess to the crunchiness of the sprouts. Both cheese and sprouts contributed to the flavor of the sandwich. The restaurant was true to its slogan: "The food is good". 

I started my vacation with a healthy meal. This set the tone of the rest of my eating experiences during my recent vacation. My family brought me to restaurants that had a lot of healthy options and had various cultural themes during my trip. We ate at a diner only once, and we ate fastfood only a few times: Jollibee breakfast and In-n-Out lunch during my brief stay, and then McDonald's take out for my trip back to Manila.

Morucci's -- Si Mangia Bene!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses