dinner at Josephine's

Right after the Calaruega visit, we went to Josephine's for dinner. Unfortunately, Taal Lake was too dark for our friend, Mandiaye, to see the world-famous volcano. But no matter... we were at one of the best restaurants in the area (sans the main attraction: the view). 

With all the diet restrictions we had, we ended up with a unique dinner combination: bulalo, sinigang na bangus, and grilled bangus with java rice, garlic rice, and plain rice. Eating at Josephine's never fails to amaze me: each meal there is a different experience! 

But thanks to Ate Grace, there's one constant in my visits to Josephine's. I always order guinumis, the drink that she had introduced to me when she was in the Philippines last year.

The description from the Josephine's menu for guinumis is:

"Tapioca and pinipig (rice crispies) drizzled with coconut milk and caramel syrup topped with shaved ice."

People say that it's a perfect refreshment during the summer, but for me, it's also a good drink/ dessert on the chilly evening that we were there. 

This dinner in Josephine's was a time of a lot of good food shared with good friends. I've always enjoyed eating at this restaurant. I sure hope that my friends enjoyed our dinner there too.

Now, if only I didn't forget to buy those tahong chips by the entrance...

Comments

  1. Thanks Rochie for showing me around last time. I really enjoyed the visit of Calaruega and the dinner at Josephine's. It was a very good time for me. I now miss all of you and the wonderful resort areas around. I am not "down the Rabbit hole" yet. There are so many surprises in Tagaytay and Batangas and next time I'll have my own guinumis too at Josephine's....
    Mandiaye, from Saint Louis (Senegal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandiaye! You're very welcome. :) I'm glad you've enjoyed our short trip last week and that you liked the guinumis too... but maybe you'll get your next one not in Josephine's anymore; maybe somewhere you haven't been to yet. After all, there's lots more to see! I haven't seen the whole country yet. Looking forward to see you again. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!

Before moving on, please share your thoughts or comments about the post. :)

Thanks again!

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses