model student! :D

First day of sensory evaluation class

I arrived in the Institute of Food Science and Technology, UPLB, bright and early... raring to start the day. VERY prepared to learn new things from the short course.

Then, while everybody else started preparing their notebooks and their pens, I realized that I didn't have any respectable pens and notebooks in my bag. All I had was a Mickey Mouse memo pad and a pen with a panda on top. It didn't matter, I thought; nobody's going to look at my pen and paper.

However, during the first few minutes of the class, the teacher mentioned that we were going to conduct statistical analyses on the data we'd be gathering during the sensory evaluations. Calculations?!? Who said anything about calculations?! I've got my mobile phone with me and I'm sure I can do the basic computations in my head. But statistics? I need a scientific calculator with the STAT function or a computer to hasten the calculations.

Luckily, the statistical analyses were conducted on the second day of the course. I had enough time to retrieve my scientific calculator.

Whew!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses