birthday food trips

I celebrated my birthday a few days ago. Unlike last year, I did not forget my birthday this year. Instead of a birthday party with friends, this year, I opted to spend my birthday with family or just eat out on my own.

birthday greeting taped on my cubicle's wall

The birthday week began and ended with rainy weather. In fact, visibility was poor on several days that I had to drive with headlights on in the morning! But did I let the wet weather rain on my imaginary parade? Of course not!

rainy view from my window

On my birthday eve, I had dinner with Tita Mely, Ate Susan, Trisha, Totoy, and Tina at a new restaurant in Sta Cruz, Laguna called Nanot's Spaghetti House. Well, "had dinner" was such an understatement. We braved a particularly heavy downpour to get to the restaurant, with me hoping that the food was worth getting really wet. The food was good. Anna, my sister, was absent this time. But she made up for it by bringing in pasta and pizza from Banapple.

while waiting for our dinner

Then there's the birthday salu-salo that was prepped for my birthday in the lab. Tita Dory brought some pancit and the others chipped in to buy chips and soda for afternoon snacks.

Kuya Junjun, my cousin, joined me for dinner at Kenny Rogers while friends joined me for lunch the next day at the Bean Hub.

The probability of me receiving a birthday cake from other people was quite low, so I decided to be proactive about it and bought myself one. Normally, I'd get a chocolate mousse from Red Ribbon (if my birthday falls on a weekend). Since my birthday fell on a weekday this year and there's no Red Ribbon cake shop close to my aunt's house, I opted for the next best thing: a Goldilocks chocolate cake. Message cakes like these normally have dedications; because I was getting myself my own cake, I thought it would be fun to greet myself with it too.

just in case nobody greeted me on my birthday, at least I did

Now, the unique thing about my birthday this year was that I had a chance to eat out before I celebrated it. That is why I was able to eat my birthday share of spaghetti and ice cream (and didn't look for these on the day anymore). The restaurant I had chosen to eat at was Gotti's Ristorante (at the Mall of Asia). It was a cozy restaurant with delicious food.

goodfella meatballs

after eight

They say that rain on one's birthday is a sign of blessings for the year. And since it's been raining all week, I think that the coming year will be filled with lots of good stuff and great adventures. Judging by the presence of family and friends, and of good food, this following year will be another bright one.

Comments

  1. Happy birthday my dear friend. I hope you had a good time with your family. I wish I could be there. All the best for the next years........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandiaye! Thank you so much for the birthday greeting! How are you? :) It would have been more fun if you were around... lots of new food to try.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!

Before moving on, please share your thoughts or comments about the post. :)

Thanks again!

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses