fish spa, anyone?

Still part of my Manila Ocean Park adventure with Ate Bing and Ate Mary...

After enjoying our lunch at Makan-Makan, the three of us decided to go directly to the foot spa. But wait! This wasn't an ordinary foot spa. Fish were actually doing the treatment for us! There was some comfort for us because these fish are professionals: they aren't called doctor fish for nothing.

fish spa
Doctor fish

The first time I submerged my feet in water, it felt weird! Fish approached my legs and began nibbling at them. It felt really ticklish during the first few minutes and Ate Mary just kept laughing. Since we got to the pool ahead of the crowd, we were able to talk with the pool's attendant about the various exhibits and what people can expect in the near future at the Manila Ocean Park.

after the fit of the giggles
The fish looked like they enjoyed feeding off their feet.

The fish were very effective at what they're doing. As I was putting my slippers on after we finished, I thought that the soles of my feet felt a bit softer... as if they've been buffed with a pumice stone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses