Cirque du Soleil's "Saltimbanco"

Last year, I watched Cirque du Soleil's Totem and KA with Mommy, Daddy, and Biboy. This year, I was determined to share the jaw-dropping experience with Anna, who wasn't able to join us watch the two shows. I made true a promise I had made myself last year: "Next time that the this circus is in town, I'm going to make sure I'll watch it."

Hoopla Inc. brought over an arena-type Cirque du Soleil production this year: Saltimbanco.

It is a vibrant show celebrating life (according to the website). If there was any form of plot in the whole production, I didn't catch it and I do not mind at all. The pop of colors, the amazing stunts, and the lively music were enough to keep audiences like me mesmerized throughout the two-hour program.

If I were to choose which of those incredible acts I liked the most, I would pick two: first, when Eddie  (the schoolboy prankster) went to the audience and picked an assistant to mime with him (while he and the band provided the sound effects); second, when four white-clad acrobats took to the trapeze and the bungee cords. Eddie solicited a lot of laughs from the audience; he was able to get a game participant and although a lot of the things he did were mimed, I'd almost believed that he was really drowning inside the comfort room or facing a roomful of lions. On the other hand, the acrobats made swinging on the trapeze look easy and the soaring in the air while attached to bungee cords effortless.

post-show photo op

Now that Anna had a taste of Cirque du Soleil, I think Biboy and I have recruited a new fan! Now, we have about twenty more shows to catch! I'm so looking forward to the next one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses