Migrating blog content from Multiply to Blogger in full swing

I've started blogging in Friendster. When I felt that it was beginning to look like an online gaming site, I began blogging in Multiply (this was in the same week that I've submitted my thesis manuscript for review). Then, a year (or two) back, I decided to give Blogger a try because Multiply increasingly looked like a shopping site. Since then, I've been constantly posting here. My posts here are also cross-posted to my Multiply site to keep the latter updated.

Multiply management has decided to transform the site into a purely online marketing platform. According to the announcement, the social network feature will cease to exist on December 1st this year. This is why I am currently moving old content from Multiply to Blogger. Today, I'm concentrating on the 2008 content so you may notice an increase if you look at the number of posts:



I'll be posting updates once in a while with links to newly migrated material. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Comments

  1. Hi! How did you migrate your multiply content here? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chynah! While waiting for the official instructions from Multiply, I'm migrating content the manual way:

      (1) open the blog post in edit mode;
      (2) copy the text either in the html or in the normal view;
      (3) paste in Blogger's new post window. If the content is copied in html, it should also be pasted in the html view of the post in Blogger.

      These steps are applicable for Multiply posts that are purely text. I don't know how to migrate material that have photos in them because they're hosted in Multiply; I haven't figured out how to transfer content to Picasa.

      I wish Multiply come up with an export/migrate protocol soon.

      Anyway, I hope the steps above help! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!

Before moving on, please share your thoughts or comments about the post. :)

Thanks again!

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses