a dream weird enough to wake me up

This has got to be one of the weirdest dreams I've had... it's so weird (and vivid) that I woke up and wrote about it!
My sister was riding my bike in circles in a grassy area (probably our house's backyard). I was in the garage when something so noisy grabbed my attention. When I looked towards the backyard, I noticed what looked like a mini Space Shuttle flying unsteadily and dropping lower and lower; low enough that it went below the roofs of my neighbors' houses. I thought that it was going to crash somewhere but the roaring noise similar to that of an airplane's could still be heard, as if the mini Space Shuttle was flying very low above the roofs. 
As the noise was getting louder (and closer), I just had to run across the garage towards the front yard and the street to see what it looked like. Strangely, none of the neighbors milling around got excited as the aircraft's nose cone scraped the road! I was so near that I could see the details of the fuselage's underbelly. Then the aircraft flew upwards (in reverse?) and made a U-turn before making another low pass across the block. With a loud roar, it flew and disappeared as suddenly as it came.  
"Did you see that? Did you see that? What just happened?" I rushed back to the backyard to ask Anna then inside the house to ask my parents.
I was the only person excited about the aircraft's surprise visit and wanting to talk about it! It's not everyday that an aircraft bound for outer space make a brief flyby or even some strange practice maneuver on the street! Everyone else, though, took it matter-of-factly. The neighbors just went on with what they were doing; Anna was still on the bike; and my parents were still watching and discussing the news on tv. I'm assuming that my brother was somewhere else with his friends in this dream.  
Since it's impossible that my siblings and my parents wouldn't be distracted (or as excited as I would be) by the appearance of a space ship, I woke up.
Oh well, the weird dream must be due to blood loss and dehydration. I donated 500 cc of whole blood yesterday at the blood drive organized by the Red Cross, the Rotary Club of West Bay, and IRRI. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses