I felt like I were a talent show judge today.

Last year, I attended the research proposal presentations of incoming fourth year students at the San Pablo City Science High School. After a semester of working like bees on their science projects, the students have finished writing their manuscripts and were supposed to present their work. I was invited by Dennis Tuyogon to join him in the judging panel to see how the students' projects fared.

I can only say one thing: I now know what it must feel like to be judges in talent shows. American Idol, X-Factor, The Sing-Off, The Voice... It must be difficult to grasp for something positive to say about a performance that is subpar. Poor Paula. But I digress.

The difference in my case is that I was tasked with grilling students not about their talents, but specifically about their project results. And there's no recording contract at stake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses