a 27-hour trip: Nagoya

September 10, 2012. Nagoya.

About four hours later, the Boeing 747-400 started descending into the Chubu Centrair International Airport. It was a good, peaceful flight. I had spent most of the time sleeping (because I hadn't taken a nap since Sunday evening) or watching movies using the Delta Airlines' entertainment-on-demand amenity. 

Based on past experience, I thought that passengers going into the next leg of the flight typically stayed in the plane as those leaving at the stop disembarked. I was proved wrong, however, when all passengers needed to get off the plane and clear security one more time.

The wait at the boarding gate was shorter than what I've wanted. I would've finished reviewing at least one of the papers I brought with me (whose deadlines were approaching) had I been given at least two hours in the waiting area. But the flight was leaving in 30 minutes so I didn't finish one of my layover tasks. Not to worry, I thought, I'd have time while en route to Detroit. After all, the flight should be at least twelve hours, right?

Alas, sleep overtook me again; partly because I was sleep deprived and also because the entertainment-on-demand on my seat wasn't working properly. When I woke up, the plane was flying over the western coast of Canada already. A few more hours and I'd be landing in the USA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses