2012 AFSTRI Cultural Night

As part of the celebrations for the 50th year of scholarship in IRRI, the Association of Fellows, Scholars, Trainees, and Residents in IRRI (AFSTRI) held its annual Cultural Night during the same week as the IRRI Young Scientists' Conference.

The Cultural Night was, indeed, a welcome break from all the science talk. Nurul, one of the hosts for the event, mentioned that this year's Cultural Night was all about the peak of the "art-genes" expression.  For the next two hours, young scientists showed that they're not just scientists, they're artists as well. 

Proof? Here's proof. :)



The Gangnam bug has infected the audience by the time the Cultural Night came to a close thanks to the Korean students who gave the most rousing performances of the night.

Comments

  1. Hi Rochie
    You are not just a young scientist, you are a violent blogger and a spy photographer.
    Best of all lucks in all your fields.
    I have a secret to tell you, which i will but later/privately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting use of words! I don't understand what you mean by 'violent' blogger (I haven't posted anything violent or gory to people who read my posts, I hope) and 'spy' photographer (I was with a group of photographers in the first row during Cultural Night). I do hope you've enjoyed the photos and the posts featuring AFSTRI and the IYSC.

    Thank you for your well wishes. I am intrigued with the secret. I hope that it's something really good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!

Before moving on, please share your thoughts or comments about the post. :)

Thanks again!

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses