Hello, 2013! :)

As the clock approached 12mn on January 1, 2013, I went outside the house to take photos of the New Year's Eve revelry going on in my neighborhood. Lo and behold! There's significantly fewer fireworks (most of them were lit 30 minutes to midnight) than last year (people were lighting up firecrackers at 10pm!). Plus, there's noticeably less smoke earlier today; last year, the neighborhood looked like a movie set for a war zone with all the smoke. The big daddy of firecrackers, Judas' belt, was not among my neighbors' repertoires this year. Most of them used fountains and rockets.

Anyway, here are some photos taken as my neighbors welcomed 2013. As for me, I jumped a few times just in case I will get a bit taller this year and I prepared some food for my media noche. Yes, just me; the younger sister was on duty at the time.



Comments

  1. I like the "jump" part specifically

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I think it's the one tradition I won't let go. Just in case :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!

Before moving on, please share your thoughts or comments about the post. :)

Thanks again!

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses