playing with moonlight

New Year's Eve had a waning gibbous moon. I was trying, with no tripod (because I thought I didn't have enough time to get back in the house for the tripod), to get a good photo of the moon using a telephoto lens. Unfortunately, I couldn't get an image I really liked because of the blur associated with long exposures. So I thought it might be a good idea to try abstract art with light streaks.  A fireworks display got into frame too. Here's what I got in the end. Next time, I'll use a tripod.


Comments

  1. get the moon when it is still low on the horizon and not too bright... http://www.flickr.com/photos/90219048@N03/8346562117/in/photostream
    this was a handheld image.
    julian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one pretty picture of the moon! Thank you for your advice! I shall try it next time I have my camera with me.

      I was able to get a copy of your book at the IRRI Library, by the way. And I was at your lecture at the ADB. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!

Before moving on, please share your thoughts or comments about the post. :)

Thanks again!

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses