Good Friday 2013

On my way to Sta Cruz, I saw the beginnings of the annual Good Friday processions in Laguna towns of Los Banos and Bay. With the road blocks and relatively slower drive (thanks to vehicles en route to the resorts of Calamba) I caught up with the Sta Cruz procession after sunset. By the time I came across it, the procession had already gone past the town plaza and was about to make a turn towards the Our Lady of Maulawin Parish of the Iglesia Filipina Independiente (my aunts and cousins are active members of the church).

I was a spectator this year, not photographer... definitely not a participant in the procession. But I still wanted to take souvenir shots. The lighting conditions didn't lend well to picture-taking of moving and brightly lit objects at night, so I proceeded to the church before the rest of the procession arrived. That proved to be a good idea because I was able to get close to the statues while they weren't being pulled and I was able to photograph people getting flowers from the carriages.
---






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses