Review: Glee Season 5: The Quarterback (2013)

I was one of those people who watched out for the Glee tribute episode for Cory Monteith. He used to portray Finn Hudson, a co-leader in McKinley High's New Directions show choir and the quarterback in the school's football team in the tv series. Unfortunately, Monteith/Hudson died too soon. The tribute episode picked up a few weeks after Hudson's death and showed how the members of New Directions and the teachers were coping after his death.

It was a very emotional episode. As the cast opened the episode with "Seasons of Love" the way it's done in Rent, I just knew it would be a cry-fest. True enough, I was crying all throughout the episode. The weird thing was I wasn't crying for Finn or for Cory; I was crying because my maternal grandmother, Lola Estay, had died last year. The sadness felt by the cast during the episode brought back the pain of saying good bye to my grandma. 

It was certainly a difficult hour for me. 

But in the end of the episode, there was catharsis as life moves on, for the characters, for the people who portray them, and for the audience who've been watching Glee since its inception. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses