On my rest days (when I am decidedly out of the lab), I take some time to read. This year (as in other years), the books I've read for leisure are quite eclectic; I didn't stick to one genre.
1. Negotiate a Kick-Ass Salary (2012) by Nelson Wang
2. Lord of the Ring: Return of the King by JRR Tolkien
3. The Coming Famine by Julian Cribb
4. Snoops in the City
5. Lord of the Ring: Fellowship of the Ring by JRR Tolkien
6. Presentation Zen by Garr Reynolds
7. Presentation Zen Design by Garr Reynolds
8. Lord of the Ring: Two Towers by JRR Tolkien
9. Culinary Foundations by Le Cordon Bleu
10. Silmarilion by JRR Tolkien*
11. Inferno by Dan Brown*
*NOTE: I haven't finished reading these books as of December 23, 2013.