It's that time of the month when Cheshire Cat smiles down again

The thin crescent moon. Photo by Robert Sparks

Well, the timing couldn't be any better. I received some bad news that morning, as if it were an April Fools' Day joke. But since it wasn't a joke, I had to bury the sadness because this week is just way too hectic. To allow myself the time to feel low because of the bad news, I wouldn't be the bubbly person I need to be until Saturday. 

As dusk settled in Los Banos, the Cheshire Cat appeared in the sky with its usual impish grin. Seeing this, I remembered watching Disney's 1951 Alice in Wonderland film and crying with Alice who got lost in the Tulgey Wood, not knowing which red carpet-lined path in the forest to take. The Cheshire Cat then appeared, first resembling a crescent moon, out of thin air and said:  

"Well, some go this way, some go that way. But as for me, myself, personally, I prefer the shortcut."

The crescent moon this week made me smile because it reminded me of the cartoon Cheshire Cat and of how seemingly bad things lead to unexpectedly better outcomes. Now, all I have to do is brace myself for the good things coming my way.

Rose-colored glasses back on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses