RIP, Robin Williams (1951–2014)

He was one of the world's most famous comedians. I've watched him, laughed at his antics, and reflected on his more serious scenes in Jumanji, Mrs Doubtfire, Dead Poets' Society, Hook, Night at the Museum, and Patch Adams. He basically lit up the screen by his presence! Basically, he's one of those people made made my childhood and my transition to adulthood a very colourful experience.

Robin Williams' sun has set for the last time, on his own terms. Leigh Blickley wrote a tribute piece which quoted Robin Williams' character, Jack, as he spoke to his class on graduation day. It is one of the most moving graduation speeches I've heard (from one of my favorite Robin Williams movies, Francis Ford Coppola's Jack):
"Please, don't worry so much. Because in the end, none of us have very long on this Earth. Life is fleeting. And if you're ever distressed, cast your eyes to the summer sky when the stars are strung across the velvety night. And when a shooting star streaks through the blackness, turning night into day... make a wish and think of me. Make your life spectacular. I know I did."
Good bye, Mrs Doubtfire, Peter Banning, Jack Powell, John Keating. You and your brand of comedy will sorely be missed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses