bird-watching at Lake Merritt

After a very delicious Burmese meal in Oakland, my Oakland adventure with Biboy and Barbara continued on with a trip to Lake Merritt. This body of water appears to be a bird paradise because when we were there. So many of these birds were lounging by the water's edge, hunting in different parts of the lake, and/or just paddling to and fro with the other birds. And it's not just about one species; there were different types and species of birds (although I call most of them ducks). The lake must have a lot of fish to attract a lot of birds (which I assume eat the fish).







It was a clear and sunshiny day. Perfect opportunity to take pictures of these birds. If ever I find myself in my very own Big Year, at least I can say that I've seen quite a few birds in one location. a lot more to see, surely, since the year is relatively young.

Thank you, Biboy and Barbara, for bringing me out there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses