David's Tea House Christmas dinner (before I fly out)

The night before I flew to the US for the Christmas holidays, Val and I had dinner at David's Tea House in Calamba. I've passed by this restaurant each night I go home from Los Baños but I never thought of making a stop here to eat. That's because whenever Calamba and Chinese cuisine are put in one sentence, people normally think about Ding-Hao.

The food was really delicious! When I saw the hot and sour soup, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try it out; after all, it has become a routine for me to eat this soup before I leave the San Francisco International Airport to go back to the Philippines. The sautéed polonchay with garlic had a great balance of textures and flavours because the garlic never overwhelmed my taste buds. And then there's the beef dish... I typically order beef with broccoli. in Chinese restaurants But this time, we got the beef brisket because we already had a vegetable dish... the beef was also quite yummy.

I'm happy that Val suggested that we eat here for a change. What a way to start the time of the year when I get all chubby, right? I'll definitely recommend this to the family when the fly in next time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses