happy birthday, Lola Bats!!

Lola Bats (that's how we, her grandkids call her but her real name is Juana or Juanita... I forget), my paternal (and lone surviving) grandmother, turns 100 on April 13th. Naturally, relatives flew in from different parts of the world to celebrate this milestone with her. But since the 13th is a weekday this year, we opted to throw Lola her birthday bash on April 9th, a Saturday. The party was so much fun. Imagine fitting more than eighty relatives and friends in Lola's house. It was a riot! I am very happy that Lola was strong enough to enjoy her party because other centenarians could barely stand up on their own... but Lola looks younger than her age. She just has a deaf ear and a blind eye, an enlarged heart and high blood pressure, and diabetes... otherwise, she's as healthy as a horse. I personally cannot believe that she's 100 years old. 

Anyway, since I've got an action camera with a monopod attached to it, I took some video shots from the party and the after party (aka opening of the gifts). If you can't find me, it's because I was behind the camera.

So, dear family and friends, without further ado, a rough edit of Lola's bday bash:


Thank you, family and friends, for making this event a memorable one for Lola. Thank you for the gifts that you have given her. Thank you for the quality time. 

Daddy couldn't have said it better: Let us now look forward to 101! Yes, Lola, we're aiming for one more year with you. And at the rate you're going, you just might still be with us in the next decade!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses