lost in translation and the elephant was in the room

While walking near the Shinjuku Station, I noticed this poster. It attracted my attention because (i) I don't speak Japanese or read Japanese script so I thought that this would be a good way to find out what the message was; (ii) there was an elephant in the picture.

I have a few guesses at what it means. No offense meant to the Japanese...

(1) Elephants are not allowed.
(2) Elephants are not allowed to throw tissue paper rolls.
(3) Elephants are not allowed to use their trunks to blow tissue paper rolls into the air.
(4) Elephants are not allowed to go near lit cigarette butts.



Whatever the poster meant, it made me smile after a day of walking in the countryside, visiting flowers, peach trees, cherry trees...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses