The Intern (2015)

There are days when I just want to sit down and watch a movie that I don't have to think too much about. One of them is The Intern, a movie about a man who was already retired, whose wife had died, and whose child has his own family already... he wanted to do something productive with his time and got himself hired as an intern at an online clothing store (similar to Zalora, I imagine). As I watched the movie, Robert de Niro's character (the retired guy) reminded me so much of the old guy in UP!, the animated film. 

Anne Hathaway's character did not remind me of the plump boy in UP!. Instead, I remembered her boss in The Devil Wears Prada, Meryl Streep, ironically enough. Anne's character wasn't the devil, though; she was a young entrepreneur who was trying to make her business succeed while balancing it with her family life.

The heartwarming part of the movie, for me, was when Anne's boss character allowed Robert's intern character into her world. He was able to mentor her in getting her business back into something she can control and to find the balance between life and work. She, on the other hand, found a parent figure in her retired intern. She was also able to help make him feel needed again. 

It's certainly not a movie that will make me think deeply (like Inception does) but watching The Intern is an enjoyable, pleasant way to pass the time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses