chicken biryani

Everyone who I know who has been to Hyderabad recommended that I don't miss the world-famous chicken biryani there... apparently, it is the best in the world. They were all waxing poetic about chicken biryani that I had to make sure to take lunch on my last day there.

The driver brought me to Bahar, a restaurant serving different cuisines, but I didn't even look at the menu so I don't know how wide the selections are or the prices. The driver just straightaway ordered chicken biryani for me. The restaurant is very popular because there's a long wait outside. People inside were eating in a hurry too... I don't know if there's such a thing as a relaxed lunch here. 

Anyway, the wait was short because I got my chicken biryani a few minutes later... and I learned that the single-serving of biryani here is enough to feed a whole family in the Philippines! And take note: the rice used is basmati!! It was so delicious! Everyone who said that it's worth going outside campus to get biryani was correct. However, I couldn't possibly finish off the biryani because of the serving size and I didn't want to waste it so I had it packed and I brought it home... to the Philippines. 

I am not kidding. It is that good.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses