Mendokoro Ramenba

After my tsukemen ramen high in Tokyo, I wanted to have another ramen fix. So when my classmates in French class suggested that we try out Mendokoro Ramenba, I was all up for it. It's found along Soliman Street in Salcedo Village, Makati... a section of the city that I don't find myself too frequently (because I don't venture far from my SM Jazz-Greenbelt-Glorietta route on Saturdays). 


Wow! The vibe is very different from the ramen houses I've been to in the Philippines and is definitely a bit more formal than the ramen places I've been to in Tokyo (take note that I've only been to two ramen houses there). The vibe in Mendokoro Ramenba speaks of efficiency and allows diners to talk among themselves (if they feel extra social over lunch) as they watch their ramen being cooked.


It is clean and has a warm vibe... it's fast food (the wait for the ramen is pretty short) without the fast food resto feel. And I particularly like the warm ambiance brought about by the lights and the wood panels. If Man were here, he'd say that this place is so "Instagrammable".



The most important aspect of the resto, however, is the food. And I can say that the ramen does not disappoint. The scents and flavours, the textures, and the colours instantly brought back good memories of my limited time spent in Tokyo this year. It is, quite frankly, one of the best ramen I have tasted in Makati.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses